Strides for Kids is a virtual exercise a thon that you can participate in from the comfort of your own home or neighbourhood! This hybrid styled event originated in May of 2021, raising funds in support of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Programs for Children and Youth.
Virtually Walk, Run, Swim or Cycle your way through an Olympic Host City of your choice. Each city consists of different stride levels so you can reach your goals while supporting DCAF. Raising funds for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs for Children and Youth!
Each year, in May and June you can reach your stride goals! The fundraising goal for individual participants is to raise $500.00 and a teams fundraising goal is to raise $1500.00 (4 members per team).
Please join Strides for Kids in 2023.
Olympic Host Cities Included:
Athens, Greece – 114,000 steps (4100 steps a day)
Montreal, Canada – 388,900 steps (14,000 steps a day)
Rio, Brazil – 454,000 steps (16,000 steps a day)
Beijing, China – 456,700 steps (16,500 steps a day)
In 2022, Fabulous prizes included:
- Two Air Canada Return Economy Class Tickets to any Air Canada Destination including, Hawaii, Mexico and Caribbean
- VIA Rail Travel Credit valued at $500.00
- Foursome Golf Passes and Lunch at Royal Ashburn Golf Club
- Canada’s Wonderland Passes for a family of four
- Boston Pizza Gift Cards
- Great swag and many other gift cards and individual prizes
Prizes are awarded annually at Rings of Hope .
More information available by contacting Amanda Nagy, Co-ordinator, Special Events and Communications.