On May 1st, the Inaugural Durham Children's Aid Foundation Camps for Kids Campaign was launched with the generous support of RBC Royal Bank in Durham Region. The Campaign Goal was to raise $30,000 from May to July 2009 to help ensure all of our kids are able to attend summer camp this year. Currently, the Foundation funds over 300 children living at home at a cost of approximately $100,000. This typically leaves 100 children wait listed. Our goal is to eliminate this wait list!
RBC Royal Bank customers and staff were asked to donate in a variety of ways at 12 RBC Bank Retail and Commercial Banking operations in Durham Region. Each participating branch had a display promoting the Campaign and customers were approached for donations of a toonie and up. In addition, RBC employees hosted a number of dress-down days, barbeques and bake sales.
We are delighted to announce that thanks to the support of RBC Royal Bank, its participating branches (listed below), and everyone in the community who supported this campaign, we have exceeded our goal. We are currently finalizing the total amount raised and will post it here once it is available. Please check back soon.
Thank you for ensuring that no child is left behind.
Listing of Participating RBC Royal Bank Branches:
1) Bowmanville Branch 55 King Street East Bowmanville
2) Courtice Branch 1405 King Street East Courtice
3) Oshawa Main Branch 27 Simcoe Street North Oshawa
4) Stevenson & Laval Branch 550 Laval Dr Unit 100 Oshawa
5) King & Wilson Branch 549 King Street East Oshawa
6) Simcoe & Beatrice Branch 1050 Simcoe St North Oshawa
7) Harmony & Taunton Branch 800 Taunton Rd East Oshawa
8) Port Perry Branch 210 Queen Street Port Perry
9) Baldwin & Taunton Branch 40 Taunton Rd East Whitby
10) Rossland & Garden Branch 714 Rossland Rd East Whitby
11) Whitby Main Branch 307 Brock Steet South Whitby
12) Thickson & Victoria Branch 1761 Victoria Street East Whitby